Many people are unaware that the Google My Business/Profile(GMB) tool helps with a good local business. Here are the 16 Google My Business Checklists that drive more calls, website visits, directions, reviews, etc.
Keep in mind that, optimization is a continuous process and one cannot see overnight results. It needs a lot of patience & business tactics. If you cannot do that, you can contact me here.
Google My Business Optimization Checklist
- Brand Name or Business Name: Make sure to provide a valid business name that google might ask for verification. Don’t trick Google with your keywords. It’ll make your account suspended.
- Location Point/Pin: Mark the exact pin of your business location as your customers get frustrated when they requested directions.
- Address: Add exact address with Flat/Door/Apartment number and Pincode.
- Business Category: Choose your business category that matches your business services. If not correctly marked, your Google Listing will show up for invalid searches and you will end up with irrelevant leads.
- Business Description: It should talk about your business including inception, vision/mission and you can add a keyword to the description.
- Phone Number: Add a valid mobile number and you can multiple mobile numbers.
- Website: If you have a business website add the URL or google provides a business website for free.
- Short name: This is the latest trick for new Google Business Profiles where we can create a short name like an Instagram profile.
- Service Areas: If your business serves more than one area, add the Pincodes of service areas.
- Opening hours: This should be clear as it informs your users about your opening hours.
- Amenities/Accessibility & Other Options: These are the additional value-added assets for your Google My Business Profile. Fill up with which are useful to your business.
- Products/Services List: If yours is an e-commerce business you can add your products list and for the service-related business, you can list all services with proper descriptions. Add keywords to your service descriptions, it will enhance your Google My Business Profile.
- Business Photos/Videos: Add photos or videos to your profile frequently.
- Review Replies: Don’t neglect the reviews section. This is one of the key optimization techniques for Google My Business Profile. Get reviews for your customers regularly and reply to them with a thank you note or if it is a negative review reply to them with a detailed request or request for apologies.
- Message Replies: Once your listing is getting noticed by users you will automatically get messages from your customers and you will get instant notification when customers message. Keep the minimum reply less than an hour as Google keeps tracking reply time.
- Regular Postings/Updates: Last but not least. Google started with postings to beat the other social media channels. Also, Google shows your posts in related Google Search Network which can increase your Google My Business Profile reach and leads to good business.
The above Google My Business Profile Checklist is to optimize your listing properly and get you a good business. If you need help with the optimization please contact me here.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?