Double ka meetha is a traditional Indian sweet dish that is made with bread slices that are fried until golden brown and then soaked in a sweet syrup made with sugar, saffron, and cardamom. The bread is typically cut into triangles or any other desired shape and the syrup is flavored with saffron and cardamom to give it a unique and delicious taste.
Double Ka Meeta Ingredients:
- 8-10 slices of white bread
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 tsp saffron strands
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
Instructions – How To Prepare Double Ka Meetha:
- Begin by cutting the bread slices into triangles or any shape you prefer.
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry the bread slices until they are golden brown on both sides. Once done, remove the bread slices from the pan and place them on a plate to cool.
- Next, add the sugar, water, saffron strands, and cardamom powder to the same pan. Stir the mixture over low heat until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Once the mixture starts boiling, add the fried bread slices to the pan. Gently stir the bread slices so that they are completely coated in the syrup. Allow the bread slices to soak in the syrup for about 5-7 minutes.
- Once done, remove the pan from the heat and allow the bread slices to cool for a few minutes.
- Double ka meetha is best served warm, but it can also be enjoyed at room temperature. Serve the dish garnished with chopped nuts if desired.
When making this recipe, ensure to use high-quality saffron strands and cardamom powder for the best results. You can adjust the sugar and the amount of ghee to your liking. The double ka meetha can also be made with whole wheat bread or any bread of your choice.
This recipe serves 4 people and takes 30 minutes to make. This sweet bread pudding is a perfect dessert for any occasion and it will definitely impress your guests and family with its rich flavor and texture.
Watch How to Make Traditional Indian Recipe – Double Ka Meetha From Pranika’s Vlog
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?