- Sleeping – Going to bed right after a meal could lead to bloating, discomfort, and abnormal sleeping patterns. Please try to work on other activities instead of sleeping right after the meal.
- Eating Fruits – Fruits need special kinds of enzymes and more time to get digested. Eating fruits right after a meal can cause indigestion, flatulence, or heartburn.
- Smoking – Smoking one cigarette after a meal is equivalent to smoking 10 cigarettes. This can increase the risk of bowel cancer and lung cancer.
- Walking – Many people say that as soon as you finish a meal, the best thing to do is go for a walk. But many researchers say that you should wait at least 30 minutes before taking a walk. Going for a walk right after a meal can result in acid reflux and indigestion.
- – Well, most people suggest that you don’t do this after a meal, don’t loosen your belt. It’s just a sign that you’ve eaten a lot more than was necessary, which in short, is bad.
- Drinking a cup of tea or coffee – They both have benefits when consumed in a limited amount. Excess of anything is harmful to our body. Most nutritionists suggest that tea or coffee should be consumed at least one hour after any meal.
- Bathing/Shower – Taking a bath after food increases blood flow to every other part of the body, except the stomach. It leads to indigestion and digestive problems. Waiting for 30 minutes after a meal to take a shower or a bath is the best suggestion.
- Gym/Workout – Going gym and doing workouts is a good option to shape your body and looks awesome. But it’s not good to go to the gym and doing heavy workouts right after your meal. After eating food your stomach needs rest and time to digest the food you have eaten.
- Drinking of Cold Water – Avoid drinking cold water immediately after taking a meal. Coldwater does not allow your stomach to digest the food properly as it causes a bunching of food, which may increase the chances of constipation.
- Brushing your teeth – Normally, people would say that it is important to brush your teeth after eating. Yes, it is vital for dental health, but, don’t do it immediately after eating. When you are done eating, it is recommended to wait about 30 minutes before brushing your teeth.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!